TIME: Thursdays 6-9 pm
# WEEKS: 8 classes
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Ave., Suite 200
CLASSROOM: The Hub (located in the strip mall next to the building)
INSTRUCTOR: Sonja Vermeulen
Max class size: 8
Minimum number of students to run: 3
Have you ever wanted a dress made by you, fitted just for you?
Then this class is just for you!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- what measurements you need to take to fit your dress
- how to select your pattern size, and make alterations to your pattern
- determine what style of garment fits your body
- choose your fabric, and lining according to your desired garment
- cutting out fabric and lining, preparing your fabric for sewing
- sewing neck edges, setting a sleeve
- finishing hems, gathering fabric, single- , double-fold and bias binding
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING:
- a notebook to take notes
- Materials to work on your in-class project
Fabric and notions are not included. The Instructor will provide you with a list of materials before or on the day of your first class.
WHAT ECOEQUITABLE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH:
Our classrooms are equipped with vast variety of sewing tools and accessories that you may need to work on your projects while in-class.
EE will provide students with a pattern if necessary
Students need a domestic sewing machine, iron and basic sewing kit at home to practise and complete their garments.
Upon registration, students will receive a $15CAD gift card, to be redeemed in our Fabric & Notions boutique.
If you have any further questions visit our FAQ section.
Written notice of cancellation may be processed with a full refund (minus a 10% admin fee) two weeks prior to the course starting. Cancellations received 1 week prior to the course are eligible for a 50% refund unless there is a wait list for the course. Cancellations within the final week prior to the course are non-refundable.
PREREQUISITES: Sewing II or Intermediate sewing skills
Visit our FAQ section.
Please visit our Covid-19 Refund, Credits and Classes Rescheduling policy