Recycled Fabric Boutique
EcoEquitable recycled over 7,000 lbs of textiles in 2014 and 5,000 lbs of textiles in 2013. We recycle manufacturing textile ends, end of rolls from designers and home sewer fabrics. We also recycle related sewing material, saving hundreds of items from landfills while making fabric affordable and accessible to local sewers by selling the donated textiles in our boutique.
Our fabrics generally fall into these categories:
- Unused, recycled fabric: Eco Equitable appeals to sewing hobbyists and owners of small-scale home sewing businesses who are interested in minimizing their impact on the environment.
- Unique vintage items: Our fabric boutique also boasts a wide variety of vintage patterns and sewing notions that you can’t find in other fabric store locations.
- Novelty and variety: As we are continually getting new donations of fabric, there is an element of novelty to our boutique that extends beyond the seasonal stock offerings of most other fabric stores – every week you can find something new!
- Affordability: Our fabrics are significantly less expensive than in other fabric stores.
- Supporting the work of Eco Equitable: When you shop at Eco Equitable fabric boutique, you get more than just fabric.