Donate to EcoEquitable
We Love Fabrics! How To Donate Fabric:
Drop offs can be made without an appointment during regular office hours:
Monday – Friday
8:30am – 4pm
We are located at 404 McArthur Avenue in Vanier, Ottawa.
If you have a large quantity of fabric to donate (more than 4 large bags or totes), please contact us at email@example.com.
EcoEquitable is a registered charity and can offer tax receipts.
For donations with less than $1,000 value, please come with an estimated value of your donation.
For donations of over $1,000, the CRA requires the donation to come with an independent appraisal of the donation value (ie. receipts or independent verification). Please contact us at the time of donation to ensure that we get everything in order.
We are a small organization and are not able to pick up materials. If you are in need of a pick-up, the Canadian Diabetes Association has
Charitable tax receipts will only be issued if the donation meets our requirements for usable textiles. All donations will be checked by staff before donation will be accepted.
CanadaHelps.org is the country’s leading donation vehicle for the non-profit community. To make a secure one-time online contribution, or to setup a monthly donor plan, please click here.
Cheque or Money Order
Please make cheques payable to:
404 McArthur, Suite #200
We DO accept:
– Fabrics of all kinds that are 1 meter +
– Sewing related supplies: rotary cutters, cutting mats, scissors, quilting materials, uncut patterns
– Home Decor accessories
If you would like to donate a domestic or industrial sewing machine, they must be in working condition and not in need of any repairs.
What we DO NOT accept:
– Patterns that have been cut
– Clothing (new or used)
– Partially assembled projects
– Bedding, tablecloths, towels or curtains
– Scrap remnants (including upholstery samples)
– Embroidery, weaving, macrame materials and tools
– Craft materials (pipe cleaners, glue, construction paper)
– Sewing cabinets or other sewing furniture
EcoEquitable is a small organization. Please be mindful of our requirements when donating.
To volunteer your time at EcoEquitable, please send inquiries to Chelsea via email.