How to Donate Fabric
How To Donate
Drop offs can be made during regular office hours:
Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 4pm
We are located at 404 McArthur Avenue and our boutique is on the main floor.
If you have a large quantity of fabric to donate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-562-1739.
EcoEquitable is a registered charity and can offer tax receipts.
For donations with less than $1,000 value, please bring a letter or send an email to email@example.com with the estimated value of your donation and your mailing address.
For donations of over $1,000, the CRA requires the donation to come with an independent appraisal of the donation value (ie. receipts). Please contact us at the time of donation to ensure that we get everything in order.
We are a small organization and are not able to pick up materials. If you are in need of a pick-up, the Canadian Diabetes Association has
What to donate
We accept the following materials:
– Fabrics of all kinds that are 1m+
– Sewing related supplies: rotary cutters, cutting mats, scissors, quilting materials
– Home Decor accessories
If you would like to donate a domestic or industrial sewing machine, they must be in working condition and not in need of any repairs.
What we DO NOT accept:
– Patterns that have been cut
– Clothing (new or used)
– Partially assembled projects
– Bedding, tablecloths, towels or curtains
– Scrap remnants
– Embroidery, weaving, macrame materials and tools
– Craft materials (pipe cleaners, glue, construction paper)
– Sewing cabinets or other sewing furniture