DATES: Jan 07 - Feb 25
TIME: Tuesdays 6-9 pm
# WEEKS: 8 classes
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Ave., Suite 200
CLASSROOM: The Hub (located in the strip mall next to the building)
INSTRUCTOR: Sonja Vermeulen
Max class size: 8
Minimum number of students to run: 3
Have you ever wanted a dress made by you, fitted just for you? Then this class is just for you!
In this class, you will learn:
- what measurements you need to take to fit your dress
- how to select your pattern size, and make alterations to your pattern
- determine what style of garment fits your body
- choose your fabric, and lining according to your desired garment
- cutting out fabric and lining, preparing your fabric for sewing
- sewing neck edges, setting a sleeve
- finishing hems, gathering fabric, single- , double-fold and bias binding
Students need a domestic sewing machine, iron and basic sewing kit at home to practise and complete their garments.
EcoEquitable will supply a sewing machine, tools and accessories during class.
Prerequisites: Sewing Basics II or Intermediate sewing skills
Visit our FAQ section.
Written notice of cancellation may be processed with a full refund (minus a 10% admin fee) two weeks prior to the course starting. Cancellations received 1 week prior to the course are eligible for a 50% refund unless there is a waitlist for the course. Cancellations within the final week prior to the course are non-refundable, unless there is a waitlist and the course can be run with full attendance.