DATES & TIMES
Jan 08 - Feb 26 (WED) 6 - 9pm
Jan 18 - Mar 21 (SAT) 2 - 5pm
Feb 03 - Mar 30 (MON) 6 - 9pm
Mar 04 - Apr 22 (WED) 6 - 9pm
DURATION: 8 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Ave., Suite 200, Ottawa, ON
CLASSROOM: JANOME Classroom, (located on the main floor)
MAX SIZE OF CLASS: 8
Ready to take your class to the next level? In this class, you will make a lined skirt with a facing, a kick pleat and zipper.
You will learn:
- what measurements you need to take when making a skirt
- how to read sewing pattern instructions
- how to use interfacing, and the different types of interfacing available
- ways to finish seam edges, sew a kick pleat and install a centred zipper
- how to hem your skirt and the garment lining
Students need a domestic sewing machine, iron and basic sewing kit at home to practise and complete their garments.
EcoEquitable will supply the sewing machine and some tools during class.
Prerequisite: Sewing Basics I or intermediate sewing skills
Have questions? Visit our FAQ section.
Written notice of cancellation may be processed with a full refund (minus a 10% admin fee) two weeks prior to the course starting. Cancellations received 1 week prior to the course are eligible for a 50% refund unless there is a wait list for the course. Cancellations within the final week prior to the course are non-refundable, unless there is a wait list and the course can be run with full attendance.