Fabric Painting ClassRegular price $220.00
We are so excited to launch this brand new class, the first of its' kind at EcoEquitable! In this class, individuals will learn how to create unique designs on fabric using brushes and paints. These designs can be anything from simple shapes and patterns to complex scenes or portraits. Bring your old favourite T-Shirt back to life, or enhance your favourite garment through the beautiful art of fabric painting!
All proceeds from EcoEquitable's public sewing and textile courses go towards our mission of empowering women with sewing skills and building connection and community; and supporting our local circular economy by redistributing fabric and sewing tools. We thank you for joining and supporting us!
Dates: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-8pm with Faezeh, beginning on Wednesday, May 24, 2023 and ending on Monday, June 19th.
About your Instructor: Faezeh Maleki is a graduate of textile and fashion design. In her opinion, art means to depict, and this depiction is reflected by creativity in the composition of details. Faezeh believes that details are very important and give birth to the soul in artwork. She likes to think of art differently and loves to open a new window of the world of fashion for you. Also, she is excited to teach you a new way to become unique in your style and customize your garments.
Length of Program: 8 classes (please note that there are 2 classes per week, on Mondays and Wednesdays, for 4 weeks)
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue, Unit "D" (end unit in the strip mall)
Max class size: 6
Min class size: 5
*We require a minimum of 5 people to run the course otherwise it may be cancelled. Please see our updated Refund and Cancellation Policy below for more information.
Equipment for the class is included in the class fee and includes all supplies needed to complete the project, including: cotton fabric, a white T-Shirt, fabric paint, embroidery materials, brush pack, colour palette. Equipment is provided for in-class purposes and use only.
You will learn:
- Different types of fabric painting
- How to prepare the fabric for painting
- How to transfer the design to the garment
- How to add details to the design and garment
- How to create the design on the t-shirt
- How to finish your own personalized, unique garment
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- EcoEquitable Inc. is committed to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place all necessary measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. While masks are no longer mandatory, we recommend wearing a mask while in-class. In addition, all individuals who enter our programs are encouraged to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Bring and use hand sanitizer
- Clean your workstation before and after class
Refund and Cancellation policy:
- EcoEquitable requires a notice of cancellation via email in order to process a refund.
- For written notice of cancellation 3 or more weeks before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund the class fee minus a $20 administrative fee.
- For written notice of cancellation 1 week or more before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund 50% of the class fee.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before the class is set to start are non-refundable, unless there is a waitlist for the course and we are able to fill the spot.
- If the minimum number of students do not register, EcoEquitable reserves the right to cancel the class. Students will be notified via email with 48 hours notice of any class cancellations and will be eligible for a full refund.