How to Make a Hat (Fascinator Head Band)Regular price $320.00
This course is designed for beginners and intermediate sewists. You'll learn how to draft the basic blocks for a perfect-fit garments starting from body measurements.
DURATION: 6 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Ave., Unit "D"
MAX SIZE OF CLASS: 10
MIN SIZE OF CLASS: 5
MATERIAL FEE: $90 (included in the registration fee)
We require a minimum of 5 people to run the session; otherwise, it will be rescheduled or cancelled
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- 7 Types of facial shapes.
- Which side of your face is the most prominent.
- What style of Hat or Fascinator ( Head Piece) is best for you.
- Different Hand sewing stitches.
- Proportions depending on the individual.
Plan your Hat or fascinator before starting to create. Millinery will never be an exact science; that’s why it’s so Fascinating!!!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Needles and Pins
- Tape measure
- A notebook for taking notes
- Materials kit included with your registration fee
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- In order to provide a safe place for all of our community and reduce the spread of the virus, we have modified our programs to adhere to the provincial and Ottawa Public Health safety and health guidelines. EcoEquitable Inc. and its staff commit themselves to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place and adopting all necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
COVID SAFETY AND HEALTH MEASURES REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS OR ACTIVITY AT ECOEQUITABLE
- All participants, teachers and volunteers have to wear a mask whenever physical distancing is not possible.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use Hand sanitizer
- Clean your work station before and after class
- Complete and submit the screening covid questionnaire
Participant's COVID-19 Questionnaire: Please complete and submit the questionnaire online here ... or if you prefer please print out this PDF file, fill it out and hand it in to your instructor on your first class.
Refund/Cancellation policy: Please visit our COVID-19 Refund Policy
If you have further questions, please contact us to classes(@)ecoequitable(dot)ca