Serger Basics for BeginnersRegular price $160.00
SEPTEMBER CLASS CANCELLED & RESCHEDULED TO JANUARY 2023.
# OF CLASSES: 4
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Ave. Ottawa, On Unit D
Max. number of students: 10
Min. number of students to run: 5
We require a minimum of 5 people to run the session; otherwise, it will be rescheduled or cancelled
Gain confidence using your serger. As far as you learn the basics of serging, you'll discover how versatile your serger machine is!
Our instructor will give you an overview of how to thread and maintain a serger. You will learn how to troubleshoot common issues like poor tension, skipped stitches, and more.
As soon as you are ready, you'll jump into action to make an easy garment using your own serger.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Machine basics parts, to better understand how it works.
- How to use differential feed and stitch length in order to get the best results when using them.
- How to properly thread your machine to avoid problems.
- Adjusting the cutting width of your fabric.
- Different stitches using 2, 3, and 4 thread: serging, flatlock stitch, rolled hem and when to use them.
- Decorative stitches using specialty thread.
- Troubleshooting, cleaning and maintenance of your machine.
- How to sew inside and outside curves and corner successfully for professional finishes.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING
- Your serger machine
- All the accessories and tools that come with your machine
- Instruction manual (If you don’t have one, it's likely that you'll be able to find it online)
Sewing I or Intermediate sewing ability
Materials are not included. A list of materials will be provided by your instructor before the first class or the first day of class.
**Visit our Fabric and Notions boutique where you'll find a wide selection of recycled fabric and notions at a reasonable price**
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- In order to provide a safe place for all of our community and reduce the spread of the virus, we have modified our programs to adhere to the provincial and Ottawa Public Health safety and health guidelines. EcoEquitable Inc. and its staff commit themselves to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place and adopting all necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
COVID SAFETY AND HEALTH MEASURES REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS OR ACTIVITY AT ECOEQUITABLE
- All participants, teachers and volunteers have to wear a mask whenever physical distancing is not possible.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use Hand sanitizer
- Clean your work station before and after class
- Complete and submit the screening covid questionnaire
Participant's COVID-19 Questionnaire: Please complete and submit the questionnaire online here ... or if you prefer please print out this PDF file, fill it out and hand it in to your instructor on your first class.
Refund/Cancellation policy: Please visit our COVID-19 Refund Policy
If you have further questions, please contact us. CLICK HERE TO SEND US AN EMAIL