DAYS: TIME: # OF CLASSES:
404 McArthur Ave. THE HUB classroom (located in the stripmall next to the main building)Max. number of students:
8Min. number of students to run:
Did you get your own serger machine, but you're not sure how exactly does it work or what can you do with it? Don’t worry we can help you with that!
This course will give you an introduction to serger parts and basic features that will help you to feel more capable and comfortable using your serger, and also to understand how to use your serger to its fullest potential.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Machine basics parts, to better understand how it works.
- How to use differential feed and stitch length in order to get the best results when using them.
- How to property thread your machine to avoid problems.
- Adjusting the cutting width of your fabric.
- Different stitches using 2, 3, and 4 thread: serging, flatlock stitch, rolled hem and when to use them.
- Decorative stitches using specialty thread.
- Troubleshooting, cleaning and maintenance of your machine.
- How to sew inside and outside curves and corner successfully for professional finishes.
YOU NEED TO BRING TO CLASS:
- Your serger machine
Instruction manual (If you don’t have one, it's likely that you'll be able to find it online)
PREREQUISITE: Sewing II or Intermediate sewing ability
Visit our FAQ section.
Please visit our Covid-19 Refund, Credits and Classes Rescheduling policy