Teen Basics: Level 1Regular price $185.00
These teen sewing classes are designed for teens between 10 to 18 years old who want to get immersed in the amazing and fun world of fashion and sewing. Teens do not require previous sewing experience.
All proceeds from EcoEquitable's public sewing courses go towards our mission of empowering women with sewing skills and building connection and community; and supporting our local circular economy by redistributing fabric and sewing tools. We thank you for joining and supporting us!
Saturdays, January 20th - February 17th 2024 from 10AM-1PM with Sophie
About your Instructor: Bonjour, I am your quintessential French Canadian MamanOurs that loves her family and everything granola (health remedies, reusing, sewing, repurposing, essential oils, distilled water, second-hand everything, etc.). I sew with a purpose and sew for community!
*Any classes that fall on a stat holiday will rescheduled and extended by 1 week to accommodate our office closure.
Length of Program: 5 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue, Unit "D" (end unit in the strip mall)
Max class size: 6
Min class size: 4
*We require a minimum of 4 people to run the course otherwise it may be cancelled. Please see our updated Refund and Cancellation Policy below for more information.
TEENS WILL LEARN:
Introduction to Sewing:
- Basic machine mechanics
- How to make a Japanese knotted pouch
- How to make a zippered pouch
- Measurements and pattern selection
- Fabric types
- EcoEquitable provides access to a sewing machine, tools, and notions during class. We charge a nominal fee of $10, included in the class fee, that goes towards sewing machine maintenance, supplies, and tools.
- Students are welcome to bring their own sewing machine to class.
- Fabric needs will be determined by the instructor
FOR STUDENTS TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes
- A list of other sewing tools needed may be provided by your instructor before the first class or during your first class. Any instructions will be emailed or provided to you in advance.
- Students are encouraged to have a domestic sewing machine, iron, and basic sewing kit at home to practice and/or complete their in-class projects. However, this is not mandatory to complete the class.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- EcoEquitable Inc. is committed to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place all necessary measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. While masks are no longer mandatory, we recommend wearing a mask while in-class. In addition, all individuals who enter our programs are encouraged to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Bring and use hand sanitizer
- Clean your workstation before and after class
Refund and Cancellation policy:
- EcoEquitable requires a notice of cancellation via email in order to process a refund.
- For written notice of cancellation 3 or more weeks before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund the class fee minus a $20 administrative fee.
- For written notice of cancellation 1 week or more before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund 50% of the class fee.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before the class is set to start are non-refundable, unless there is a waitlist for the course and we are able to fill the spot.
- If the minimum number of students do not register, EcoEquitable reserves the right to cancel the class. Students will be notified via email with 48 hours notice of any class cancellations and will be eligible for a full refund.