Pattern Making 1 - Adaptation MethodRegular price $290.00
Interested in learning pattern making from a master? This is the course for you.
Over eight three-hour sessions, you will learn basic pattern-making on how to transform commercial sewing patterns as well as many other techniques to create your own designs.
Following fit, students will learn about how to create various sleeve shapes, necklines, etc. This method focuses on the perfect fit.
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue , Unit D (end unit in the strip mall)
MAX SIZE CLASS : 10
Min number of students to run the class: 5
PREREQUISITES: No sewing experience is required.
MATERIAL FEE $10 - included in the registration fee
We require a minimum of 5 people to run the session; otherwise, it will be rescheduled or cancelled
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- manipulating ½ scale patterns
- move darts from one area to another
- change the bodice by adding ease or changing neckline
- take a sleeve pattern and change it according to the garment you are making
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes
- Materials included: One tracing paper roll
- The Instructor will provide you with a list of extra materials you may need for the in-class project.
***Muslin fabric, extra tracing paper or fabric, and notions are not included***
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- In order to provide a safe place for all of our community and reduce the spread of the virus, we have modified our programs to adhere to the provincial and Ottawa Public Health safety and health guidelines. EcoEquitable Inc. and its staff commit themselves to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place and adopting all necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
Have more questions visit our FAQ section.
Participant's COVID-19 Questionnaire: Please complete and submit the questionnaire here ... or if you prefer please print out this PDF file, fill it out and hand it to your instructor in your first class.
Refund/Cancellation policy: Please visit our COVID-19 Refund Policy