Pattern Making 1 Block MethodRegular price $290.00
This course is designed for beginners and intermediate sewists. You'll learn how to draft the basic blocks for a perfect-fit garments starting from body measurements.
DETAILSDURATION: 8 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Ave., Suite 200, Ottawa, ON
MAX SIZE OF CLASS: 7
MATERIAL FEE: $15 (included in the registration fee)
PRE-REQUISITES: Basic sewing skills experience
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Taking body measurements
- Drafting patterns of bodice, sleeve, and skirt based on the measurements
- Make a muslin dress with the pattern you made to see the fitting
- Learn about pattern variations
- Create your own design and make the pattern
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes
- Materials included: One tracing paper roll and 2 mts of muslin.
- The Instructor will provide you with a list of extra materials you may need for the in-class project.
***Extra muslin, tracing paper or fabric and notions are not included***
**Visit our Fabric and Notions boutique ( Book an appointment here) where you'll find a wide selection of recycled fabric and notions at a reasonable price**
In order to provide a safe place to all our community and reduce the spread of the virus, we have modified our programs to adhere to the provincial and Ottawa Public Health safety and health guidelines.
EcoEquitable Inc. and its staff commit themselves to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
Participant's COVID-19 Questionnaire: Please complete and submit the questionnaire online here ... or if you prefer please print out this PDF file, fill it out and hand it in to your instructor on your first class.
Refund/Cancellation policy: Please visit our COVID-19 Refund Policy
If you have further questions, please contact us to classes(@)ecoequitable(dot)ca