Sewing Level 1: Sewing Basics for BeginnersRegular price $280.00
This is a perfect course for people with zero sewing experience or for those who have sewn in the past but need a refresher.
In 10 weeks, you will learn how to use a sewing machine and complete a skirt or PJ pants from a commercial pattern!
Length of Program: 10 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue, Unit "D" (end unit in the strip mall)
Max class size: 10
Min class size: 5*
* We require a minimum of 5 people to run the session; otherwise, it will be rescheduled or cancelled.
In this course, you will learn how to make a pair of pajama pants or a skirt with an elastic waistband.
**The in-class project may be changed without prior notice**
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to operate a sewing machine
- Sewing terminology and equipment
- How to read a commercial pattern
- Learn about fabric characteristics and how to choose the right fabric for a garment
- How to identify fabric grain lines
- The use of different types of stitches and seam finishes using a sewing machine
- How to properly press and iron garments for sewing
- How to take proper measurements
ECOEQUITABLE PROVIDES WITH:
- Sewing machine (You are welcome to bring your own sewing machine)
- some tools and notions
YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes
- A list of sewing tools will be provided by your instructor before the first class and/or during your classes.
- Fabric and notions to work on your projects
MATERIALS / FABRICS
Materials and fabrics are not included in the registration fee.
Your instructor will provide you with a list of supplies and tools required for your in-class projects. If you choose, you may obtain all of your fabric from our on-site Recycled Fabric Store.
**Visit our Fabric and Notions boutique where you'll find a wide selection of recycled fabric and notions at a reasonable price**
Prerequisite: No sewing experience is required.
Students are encouraged to have a domestic sewing machine, iron, and basic sewing kit at home to practice and/or complete their in-class projects.
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- In order to provide a safe place for all of our community and reduce the spread of the virus, we have modified our programs to adhere to the provincial and Ottawa Public Health safety and health guidelines. EcoEquitable Inc. and its staff commit themselves to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place and adopting all necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
COVID SAFETY AND HEALTH MEASURES REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS OR ACTIVITY AT ECOEQUITABLE
- All participants, teachers, and volunteers have to wear a mask whenever physical distancing is not possible.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use Hand sanitizer
- Clean your workstation before and after class
- Complete and submit the screening covid questionnaire
Participant's COVID-19 Questionnaire: Please complete and submit the questionnaire here ... or if you prefer, please print out this PDF file, fill it out and hand it out to your instructor in your first class.
Refund/Cancellation policy: Please visit our COVID-19 Refund Policy
If you have further questions, please contact us. CLICK HERE TO SEND US AN EMAIL