Sewing Level 2 : IntermediateRegular price $280.00
Length of Program: 15 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Ave. unit “D” (end unit in the mall)
Max class size: 10
Min number of students to run the class: 5
We require a minimum of 5 people to run the session; otherwise, it will be rescheduled or cancelled
In this course, you will learn how to make a skirt with a waistband and zipper.
**The in-class project may be changed without prior notice**
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Intermediate sewing techniques
- Taking measurements to make a skirt
- How to read sewing pattern instructions
- How to use different interfacing available and how to work with it
- Different ways to finish seam edges, sew darts, a kick pleat and install a centred zipper
- How to hem your skirt
ECOEQUITABLE PROVIDES WITH:
Sewing equipment while you're in the classroom.
- Sewing machine (You are welcome to bring your own sewing machine)
- Some tools and notions
YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes.
- A list of sewing tools will be provided by your instructor before the first class and/or during your classes.
- Materials/Fabrics to work on your projects
MATERIALS / FABRICS
Materials and fabrics are not included in the registration fee.
Your instructor will provide you with a list of supplies and tools required for your in-class projects. If you choose, you may obtain all of your fabric from our on-site Recycled Fabric Store.
Prerequisite: Sewing basics, or have completed Sewing Level 1
Students are encouraged to have a domestic sewing machine, iron, and basic sewing kit at home to practice and/or complete their in-class projects.
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- In order to provide a safe place for all of our community and reduce the spread of the virus, we have modified our programs to adhere to the provincial and Ottawa Public Health safety and health guidelines. EcoEquitable Inc. and its staff commit themselves to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place and adopting all necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
COVID SAFETY AND HEALTH MEASURES REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS OR ACTIVITY AT ECOEQUITABLE
- All participants, teachers and volunteers have to wear a mask whenever physical distancing is not possible.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use Hand sanitizer
- Clean your work station before and after class
- Complete and submit the screening covid questionnaire
Participant's COVID-19 Questionnaire: Please complete and submit the questionnaire here ... or if you prefer please print out this PDF file, fill it out and hand it to your instructor in your first class.
Refund/Cancellation policy: Please visit our COVID-19 Refund Policy