Pattern Making I - Adaptation MethodRegular price $290.00
Interested in learning pattern making from a master? This is the course for you.
Over eight three-hour sessions, you will learn basic pattern-making on how to transform commercial sewing patterns as well as many other techniques to create your own designs.
Following fit, students will learn about how to create various sleeve shapes, necklines, etc. This method focuses on the perfect fit.
TIME: Tuesdays from 5:30 to 8:30pm
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue , Unit D (end unit in the strip mall)
MAX SIZE CLASS : 6
Min number of students to run the class: 5
INSTRUCTOR: Frank Sukhoo
PREREQUISITES: No sewing experience is required.
MATERIAL FEE $15
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- manipulating ½ scale patterns
- move darts from one area to another
- change the bodice by adding ease or changing neckline
- take a sleeve pattern and change it according to the garment you are making
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes
- Materials included: One tracing paper roll and 2 mts of muslin.
- The Instructor will provide you with a list of extra materials you may need for the in-class project.
***Extra muslin, tracing paper or fabric and notions are not included***
Have more questions visit our FAQ section.
Written notice of cancellation may be processed with a full refund (minus a 10% admin fee) two weeks prior to the course starting. Cancellations received 1 week prior to the course are eligible for a 50% refund unless there is a wait list for the course. Cancellations within the final week prior to the course are non-refundable unless there is a wait list for the course and the course can be run with full attendance.