Pattern Making - Level 4Regular price $305.00
With this Pattern Making method, students start with a commercial pattern and immediately fit garments to their own proportions and learn about how to change and adjust patterns for the design, silhouette needed. This method focuses on a perfect fit. Following fit, students will learn about how to create various sleeve shapes, necklines, details such as rouching.
With a basic commercial pattern, you will be able to make garments with so many variations like a blouse with V-Neck or round neck, with sleeves, and without sleeves, the variations are endless!
Over 8 three-hour sessions, you will learn more complex pattern-making techniques on how to transform commercial sewing patterns as well as many other techniques to create your own designs.
Prerequisite: Pattern-Making Level 3
All proceeds from EcoEquitable's public sewing courses go towards our mission of empowering women with sewing skills and building connection and community; and supporting our local circular economy by redistributing fabric and sewing tools. We thank you for joining and supporting us!
Tuesdays, January 24 - March 14th from 5-8pm with Frank Sukhoo.
*Any classes that fall on a stat holiday will rescheduled and extended by 1 week to accommodate our office closure.
Your Instructor: Frank Sukhoo has been a fixture on Ottawa’s fashion scene for almost 15 years — as a teacher and as the owner of Sukhoo Sukhoo Khooture in the ByWard Market. A favourite with the gala crowd and diplomatic community, Sukhoo has counted cellist Amanda Forsyth and former Governor Generals Michaëlle Jean, David Johnston and his wife Sharon among his clients.
Length of Program: 8 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue, Unit "D" (end unit in the strip mall)
Max class size: 6
Min class size: 4
*We require a minimum of 4 people to run the course otherwise it may be cancelled. Please see our updated Refund and Cancellation Policy below for more information.
- Students will be able to shop in EcoEquitable's Eco Fabric Boutique and fill a bag for the special price of $15, included in the class fee. The Material fee includes one tracing paper roll and 2 mts of muslin.
Extra muslin or fabric and notions are not included. The Instructor may provide you with a list of extra materials you may need for the in-class project.
FOR STUDENTS TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes
- Extra material to work on the in-class project
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- EcoEquitable Inc. is committed to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place all necessary measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. While masks are no longer mandatory, we recommend wearing a mask while in-class. In addition, all individuals who enter our programs are encouraged to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Bring and use hand sanitizer
- Clean your workstation before and after class
Refund and Cancellation policy:
- EcoEquitable requires a notice of cancellation via email in order to process a refund.
- For written notice of cancellation 3 or more weeks before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund the class fee minus a $20 administrative fee.
- For written notice of cancellation 1 week or more before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund 50% of the class fee.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before the class is set to start are non-refundable, unless there is a waitlist for the course and we are able to fill the spot.
- If the minimum number of students do not register, EcoEquitable reserves the right to cancel the class. Students will be notified via email with 48 hours notice of any class cancellations and will be eligible for a full refund.