Sep 01 - Oct 20 (Tuesdays) 6-9pm TBC
DURATION: 8 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Ave., Suite 200, Ottawa, ON
CLASSROOM: JANOME Classroom, (located on the main floor)
MAX SIZE OF CLASS: 8
Ready to take your class to the next level? In this class, you will make a lined skirt with a facing, a kick pleat and zipper.
You will learn:
- intermediate sewing techniques
- taking measurements to make a skirt
- how to read sewing pattern instructions
- how to use interfacing, and the different types of interfacing available
- ways to finish seam edges, sew a kick pleat and install a centred zipper
- how to hem your skirt and the garment lining
ECOEQUITABLE WILL PROVIDE you with sewing equipment including a sewing machine, tools and accessories to work in-class.
YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes
- Fabric and notions to work on your in-class project
MATERIALS are not Included.
A list of materials will be provided by your instructor before the first class and/or on the day of your first class.
**Visit our Fabric and Notions boutique during office hours, where you'll find a wide selection of recycled fabric at a reasonable price**
Students need a domestic sewing machine, iron and basic sewing kit at home to practise and complete their garments.
EcoEquitable will supply the sewing machine and some tools during class.
Prerequisite: Sewing Basics I or intermediate sewing skills
Have questions? Visit our FAQ section.
Please visit our Covid-19 Refund, Credits and Classes Rescheduling policy