Donating Fabric and Sewing Materials
Donations are currently being accepted at our office location by appointment only.
Since 2002 we have believed in giving a new purpose to materials that would have been thrown away. Future generations deserve a planet that is healthy and teeming with life. Thanks for supporting us by donating your unused fabric and seeing tools.
Part of the Materials and fabrics, are distributed to our students enrolled in our social program Sewing for Jobs, the remaining items, are sold in our in-site boutique to the public at very affordable prices; all proceeds go towards our Sewing for Jobs program.
All donated items must meet all our donation guidelines. If you have questions about your donation or you can’t find a date that work for you please contact us, we'll be happy to assist you.
If you are donating a heavy item, if possible please bring someone to help you to unload the item, if it’s not possible, don’t worry, we’ll be happy to help you.
Please click the button below to schedule a Donation Drop-off
We DO accept:
- Non-used fabrics of all kinds that are at least 1 meter in length
- Fabric must be clean, non-sewn and in good condition
- Sewing related supplies: rotary cutters, cutting mats, scissors, quilting materials, rulers, etc.
- "Modern garments” commercial patterns (they must contain all their pieces and in good condition)
- Portable/industrial Sewing Machines (great working condition)
- Embroidery machines
Please review our guidelines below:
It's hard to say "no thank you" to a donation when those donations would help to fund our sewing programs. However, we do need to turn away some items for being non-recyclable or we cannot use them for our sewing programs.– Clothing (new or used)
– Partially assembled projects
– Bedding, tablecloths, towels or curtains
– Scrap remnants (including upholstery samples)
- Dirty, stained or smelly fabric
- Incomplete or “Vintage garments” commercial patterns
– Weaving, macrame materials and tools
– Craft materials (pipe cleaners, glue, construction paper)
– Sewing cabinets or other sewing furniture
EcoEquitable is a small organization. Please be mindful of our requirements when donating.
EcoEquitable is a registered charity and can offer tax receipts.
For donations of over $1,000, the CRA requires the donation to come with an independent appraisal of the donation value (ie. receipts or independent verification). Please contact us at the time of donation to ensure that we get everything in order.
Charitable tax receipts will only be issued if the donation meets our requirements for usable textiles. All donations will be checked by staff before donation will be accepted.
CanadaHelps.org is the country’s leading donation vehicle for the non-profit community. To make a secure one-time online contribution, or to setup a monthly donor plan, please click here.
Cheque or Money OrderPlease make cheques payable to:
404 McArthur, Suite #200