Serger for IntermediatesRegular price $180.00
Gain confidence using your serger. As far as you learn the basics of serging, you'll discover how versatile your serger machine is!
In Serger for Intermediates, you will learn how to make a pair of leggings using your serger. Leggings have become a staple of any active wear wardrobe, as well as comfortable alternative for everyday wear. Prerequisite: Serger for Beginner course or experience using your serger regularly at home.
Reminder: All students who register for this class are required to bring their own serger machine. EcoEquitable serger's are reserved for our Sewing For Jobs program only. Thank you for your understanding!
All proceeds from EcoEquitable's public sewing courses go towards our mission of empowering women with sewing skills and building connection and community; and supporting our local circular economy by redistributing fabric and sewing tools. We thank you for joining and supporting us!
Dates: Wednesdays, May 8 - June 12 2024 from 6-9PM with Sonja
About your Instructor: Sonja has been a teacher for many years, before that she was a home sewer, then did production work in the sewing industry, and also worked as seamstress for several fashion designers in Ottawa.
*Any classes that fall on a stat holiday will rescheduled and extended by 1 week to accommodate our office closure.
Length of Program: 6 weeks
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue, Unit "D" (end unit in the strip mall)
Max class size: 8
Min class size: 4
*We require a minimum of 4 people to run the course otherwise it may be cancelled. Please see our updated Refund and Cancellation Policy below for more information.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to choose the best fabric for leggings
- How to properly fit your garment and the method of construction
- How to make different waist bands for your leggings
- How to make modifications to your pattern for your own custom leggings
- Students will be able to shop in EcoEquitable's Eco Fabric Boutique and fill a basket of sustainable fabric for the special price of $10, included in the class fee.
FOR STUDENTS TO BRING:
- Your serger machine
- All the accessories and tools that come with your machine
- Instruction manual (If you don’t have one, it's likely that you'll be able to find it online)
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- EcoEquitable Inc. is committed to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place all necessary measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. While masks are no longer mandatory, we recommend wearing a mask while in-class. In addition, all individuals who enter our programs are encouraged to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Bring and use hand sanitizer
- Clean your workstation before and after class
Refund and Cancellation policy:
- EcoEquitable requires a notice of cancellation via email in order to process a refund.
- For written notice of cancellation 3 or more weeks before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund the class fee minus a $20 administrative fee.
- For written notice of cancellation 1 week or more before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund 50% of the class fee.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before the class is set to start are non-refundable, unless there is a waitlist for the course and we are able to fill the spot.
- If the minimum number of students do not register, EcoEquitable reserves the right to cancel the class. Students will be notified via email with 48 hours notice of any class cancellations and will be eligible for a full refund.