Donating Fabric and Sewing Materials
Monday to Friday from 10am to 2pm
Donations are currently being accepted at our office location. No appointment needed.
Since 2002 we have believed in giving a new purpose to materials that would have been thrown away. Future generations deserve a planet that is healthy and teeming with life. Thanks for supporting us by donating your unused fabric and sewing tools.
Part of the Materials and fabrics, are distributed to our students enrolled in our social program Sewing for Jobs, the remaining items, are sold in our in-site boutique to the public at very affordable prices; all proceeds go towards our Sewing for Jobs program.
All donated items must meet all our donation guidelines. If you have questions about your donation, please contact us, we'll be happy to assist you.
If your donation includes heavy boxes, please bring someone with you (if possible) to help you to unload the item, if it’s not possible, don’t worry, we’ll be happy to help you.
- Non-used fabrics of all kinds that are at least 1 meter in length
- Fabric must be clean, non-sewn and in good condition
- Sewing related supplies: rotary cutters, cutting mats, scissors, quilting materials, rulers, etc.
- Complete patterns
- Portable/industrial Sewing Machines (great working condition)
- Serger / Overlock machines
- Embroidery machines
Please review our guidelines below:
It's hard to say "no thank you" to a donation when those donations would help to fund our sewing programs. However, we do need to turn away some items for being non-recyclable, or we cannot use them for our sewing programs.
- Clothing (new or used)
- Partially assembled projects
- Bedding, tablecloths, towels or curtains
- Scrap remnants (including upholstery samples)
- Dirty, stained or smelly fabric
- Incomplete patterns
- Weaving, macrame materials and tools
- Craft materials (pipe cleaners, glue, construction paper)
- Sewing cabinets or other sewing furniture
EcoEquitable is a small organization. Please be mindful of our requirements when donating.
EcoEquitable is a registered charity and can offer tax receipts for in-kind donations. For donations of over $1,000, the CRA requires an independent third party appraisal to determine the fair market value of the donated gifts. Please contact us at the time of donation to ensure that we get everything in order. For more information visit the CRA guidelines.
Charitable tax receipts will only be issued if the donation meets our requirements for usable textiles. All donations will be checked by staff before donation will be accepted.
CanadaHelps.org is the country’s leading donation vehicle for the non-profit community. To make a secure one-time online contribution, set-up a monthly donor plan, or view our charity profile, please click here.
Donate by ChequeCheques can be made payable & mailed to:
404 McArthur, Unit D