Teen Sewing Summer Camp 2023Regular price $325.00
Get your children immersed in the amazing world of sewing and fashion.
Our Teen Sewing Summer Camp offers a safe and fun environment for teens to explore their passion for fashion and sewing. They'll be creating seasonal basic to intermediate garments or home decor items like a stylish t-shirt (or two), an elastic band skirt or a pair of shorts or even a cross shoulder bag!
We are offering 2 sewing summer camps tailored to your teens age:
#1: For teens ages 9-12 years old
#2: For teens ages 13-17 years old
Both summer camps are designed for beginner to intermediate sewing experience!
All proceeds from EcoEquitable's public sewing courses go towards our mission of empowering women with sewing skills and building connection and community; and supporting our local circular economy by redistributing fabric and sewing tools. We thank you for joining and supporting us!
Summer Camp #1 (ages 9-12): July 3rd - 7th (full days from 8:30am-3:30pm)
Summer Camp #2 (ages 13-17): July 10th - 14th (half days from 9am-12pm)
Length of each camp: 1 week (Monday-Friday)
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue, Unit "D" (end unit in the strip mall)
Max class size: 8
Min class size: 5
*We require a minimum of 5 teens to run the course otherwise it may be cancelled. Please see our updated Refund and Cancellation Policy below for more information.
TEENS WILL LEARN:
- How to operate a sewing machine
- Sewing terminology and equipment
- How to read a commercial pattern
- Learn about fabric characteristics and how to choose the right fabric for a garment
- How to identify fabric grain lines
- The use of different types of stitches and seam finishes using a sewing machine
- How to properly press and iron garments for sewing
- How to take proper measurements
- EcoEquitable provides access to a sewing machine, tools, and notions during class.
- Students will be provided fabric options from our Eco Fabric Boutique that the Eco team and Instructor arranges for the class, depending on what type of fabrics are required per project!
FOR STUDENTS TO BRING:
- A notebook for taking notes
- A list of other sewing tools needed may be provided by your instructor before the first class or during your first class. Any instructions will be emailed or provided to you in advance.
- Students are encouraged to have a domestic sewing machine, iron, and basic sewing kit at home to practice and/or complete their in-class projects. However, this is not mandatory to complete the class.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Please register under your own name (parent's name). Closer to the start date of the camp, we will be in touch to collect your teen's name and other details like their experience level.
- EcoEquitable Inc. is committed to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place all necessary measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. While masks are no longer mandatory, we recommend wearing a mask while in-class. In addition, all individuals who enter our programs are encouraged to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Bring and use hand sanitizer
- Clean your workstation before and after class
Refund and Cancellation policy:
- EcoEquitable requires a notice of cancellation via email in order to process a refund.
- For written notice of cancellation 4 or more weeks before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund the class fee minus a $20 administrative fee.
- For written notice of cancellation 1 week or more before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund 50% of the class fee.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before the class is set to start are non-refundable, unless there is a waitlist for the course and we are able to fill the spot.
- If the minimum number of students do not register, EcoEquitable reserves the right to cancel the class. Students will be notified via email with at least 48 hours notice of any class cancellations and will be eligible for a full refund.