Crochet & Coffee CornerRegular price $25.00
Learn to crochet a coaster and sip coffee with friends! A cozy Saturday morning activity led by Anne Biason-Hart, our very own Communications & Impact Coordinator!
In this 1-day session, you will:
- Learn facts about why crochet is an important form of textile creation
- Learn basic crochet stitches (chain stitch, single crochet, magic circle, treble crochet, double crochet)
- Where to find great patterns for beginners
- By the end of the workshop, students should have a completed crocheted coaster!
All proceeds from EcoEquitable's public sewing and textile courses go towards our mission of empowering women with sewing skills and building connection and community; and supporting our local circular economy by redistributing fabric and sewing tools. We thank you for joining and supporting us!
Date: Saturday, November 18th from 10AM-1PM
About your Instructor: Anne is a recent Carleton University graduate, and our new Communications and Impact Coordinator here at EcoEquitable. During her studies, Anne focused on migration, transnationalism, and sustainability. She participated in an internship at The Rediscovery Centre, Ireland’s centre for the Circular Economy where she conducted research on sustainable textiles. Anne has been involved in many local, environmental movements by doing sewing repairs at repair cafés, delegating against the 413 highway, and acting as the Director of Communications with the Women's Environmental Sustainability Network of Ottawa (WESNO).
Length of Program: 1 class
LOCATION: 404 McArthur Avenue, Unit "D" (end unit in the strip mall)
Max class size: 10
Min class size: 5
*We require a minimum of 5 people to run the course otherwise it may be cancelled. Please see our updated Refund and Cancellation Policy below for more information.
Required: Each student must bring their own set of crochet hooks (4-5mm is recommended size). If you do not have your own crochet hooks, an example of them can be found at this link. If you have specific yarn that you would like to use, you can! Recommended size is 4-5mm.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- If you are purchasing/registering this class on behalf of someone else, please include their name, phone number and email address in the "NOTES" box of the checkout page. Thank you!
- EcoEquitable Inc. is committed to comply and exceed the requirements and recommendations of Ottawa Public health and to put in place all necessary measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. While masks are no longer mandatory, we recommend wearing a mask while in-class. In addition, all individuals who enter our programs are encouraged to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Bring and use hand sanitizer
- Clean your workstation before and after class
Refund and Cancellation policy:
- EcoEquitable requires a notice of cancellation via email in order to process a refund.
- For written notice of cancellation 3 or more weeks before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund the class fee minus a $20 administrative fee.
- For written notice of cancellation 1 week or more before the class start date, EcoEquitable will refund 50% of the class fee.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before the class is set to start are non-refundable, unless there is a waitlist for the course and we are able to fill the spot.
- If the minimum number of students do not register, EcoEquitable reserves the right to cancel the class. Students will be notified via email with 48 hours notice of any class cancellations and will be eligible for a full refund.